You may know that coconut water from a young coconut with a green husk is full of vitamins and minerals. Besides it tastes great. Not every food or drink that is good for you tastes as good as coconut water. In a previous article I spelled out the benefits of coconut water. However, according to Allison Martin writing for Lifehack , there are other benefits you might not know about, and I suspect you’ll never find them in a medical journal or even a newspaper. Here are some of them.
Benefits to Coconut Water You Might Not Know
- Weight Loss Aid – Coconut water is low in calories but it suppresses your appetite with the full nature of the liquid.
- Skin Toner – Coconut water is a perfect natural remedy for skin blemishes and other skin problems. Why buy expensive toners and lotions when you can use something natural?
- “The Ultimate Hangover Remedy – Next time you overdo it and drink more than your belly can handle, consume coconut water to settle your stomach. It will also replace those essential electrolytes that exit the body if you experience bouts of frequent urination and vomiting.”
- Digestive Aid – I have often turned to coconut water after eating too much spicy food or food from questionable sources. It’s been a lifesaver not to end up in bed for a day.
- Hydration Boost – During vigorous exercise the body loses vitamin-rich fluids and mineral content. Coconut water is a good replacement and contains twice the amount of potassium and certainly one-fifth of the sugar that most sports drink contains.
- Reduction of Blood Pressure – Coconut water is rich in 5 electrolytes present in the body which help reduce blood pressure problems. “These include: calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium. Because of its unique composition, coconut water can be enjoyed by individuals with varying medical conditions.”
- Emergency Infusion for Blood Loss – Because coconut water is compatible to human blood, it can be use in emergency situations to hydrate the body until blood transfusions are available.
Thus obtaining pure coconut water such as the products available through CocosPure, can be a healthy alternative, a remedy for illness and even an emergency blood transfusion.