Coconut oil is so versatile that it can be used in cooking, on your skin, as a cleaning aid and even as a medicine. According to Katherine Kyte writing for Yahoo Style online, there are numerous amazing ways to use coconut oil. I’m sure there are more, but let’s start with these.
- Toothpaste – Coconut oil has antibacterial qualities that help you fight tooth decay. Mix 1/2 cup coconut oil, 2 tablespoons baking powder and 30 drops of pure peppermint oil. Store it in a glass container.
- Insect Repellent – Mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 3 drops of rosemary oil and 5 drops of tea tree oil. Store it in a spray bottle.
- Furniture or Shoe Polish – You can use this on metal, granite, wood or leather. Combine coconut oil and fresh strained or bottled lemon juice. Rub it on and polish it using a clean, soft cloth.
- Natural Makeup Remover – Coconut oil is a natural moisturized. Rub it on with a cotton ball to remove mascara and foundation. You can also remove bacterial from your brushes by soaking them in melted coconut oil, then washing then thoroughly.
- Sugar Scrub – a great way to exfoliate your skin. Combine sugar and coconut oil until it forms a thick paste. Gently scrub it on your skin, then wash off with warm water. Do you like body scrubs? Here’s more some more recipes.
- Deodorant – Combine 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1/4 cup baking soda, 10 – 15 drop of your favorite essential oil (lavender, lemon, geranium or tea tree or common). Mash them together, then add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and a few drops of vitamin E oil to obtain a smooth texture (add more oil if you need to). Place it in a glass container and leave it for a few days to harden.
- Body Cream – Mix together 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup shea butter, 25 drops lavender oil. Place it in a glass container in a pan of hot water until it is melted. Shake up the container or beat with a whisk until it is slightly fluffy.
- Cold remedy – Combine coconut oil and eucalyptus oil. Rub it on your chest. The aroma will help with coughs and colds as well.
- Natural Laxative – Stir in 2 tablespoons of oil into a hot beverage or stir in 1/2 teaspoon into an 8 oz. glass of juice several times per day. Your constipation or digestion problems will be gone in no time.
Remember that not all coconut oil is processed the same. You want to buy oil that is non-GMO, preferably organic and processed with little or no heat. You can find great coconut oil at Cocos Pure that fits all. Why not try it today?