Have you noticed the increase in coconut water products – not just in the health food stores but in the big grocery store chains too? Why the growing popularity?
Coconut water is the liquid from a young coconut. Eventually the liquid forms into the coconut meat. If you have ever had a drink served inside a fresh coconut you would find the fresh, slightly sweet juice and perhaps some soft coconut meat (sort of like pudding) that you can spoon out. To find out how much liquid is inside, simply shake the young green coconut and you can hear the amount that is inside.
One time in Mexico we were given fresh coconuts with the tops cut off. The bartender had made a drink with the coconut water, pineapple juice and tequila. I think he called it, “coco loco”. “Loco” in Spanish means “crazy”. If you drink too many you might end up confused or drunk – not sure about crazy.
Anyway, back to the coconut water benefits. Not all coconut water products are the same. I’m sorry to say some are full of sugar, other juices, chemical preservatives and flavor enhancers. It’s a good idea to read the labels before you buy. Better yet, just purchase CocosPure coconut water.
Here are the coconut water benefits of CocosPure:
- Only single-origin coconut water is used.
- All products are 100% all natural with no sugar, artificial ingredients, colors or preservatives.
- They are all gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and fat-free.
- One can of CocosPure coconut water contains twice the amount of potassium as a fresh banana.
- Coconut water is also a source of calcium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins B & C.
- CocosPure has developed a process using low-heat pasteurization designed to preserve the vitamin and mineral content.
- No concentrate is ever used – only fresh, natural coconut water with as little processing as possible.