Can diabetics drink coconut water? The answer is a resounding “yes” if your diabetes is well managed. Coconut water is the thin liquid inside an immature coconut. It provides several benefits to everyone, including diabetics. Here they are, courtesy of New Health Advisor:
- Improves Blood Circulation – Coconut water dilates blood vessels and thus improves the circulation of diabetics who tend to have problems with numb feet or vision problems.
- Lowers Body Weight – Coconut water is chock full of vitamins, minerals and good fats without cholesterol. It makes you feel full without the calories as well.
- Boost to Metabolism – It increases the metabolism rate, meaning the person can burn sugar faster leaving more energy.
- Provides Less Carbs – Diabetics need to keep track of carbs which can cause the glucose level to spike. Coconut water contains less carbs than many other drinks or foods. The glycemic index is only 3.
- Provides insulin Sensitivity – Coconut water contains magnesium which helps keep blood sugar in control.
With so many advantages for people with health issues, it’s obvious it would benefit others as well. There are some reservations for diabetics, however. Coconut water does contain fructose, so any diabetic should not drink coconut water daily. It’s a good idea to talk to the family doctor before drinking it. And as mentioned previously, only those with well managed diabetes should indulge in this great tasting drink.
Cocos Pure has some of the purest and best tasting coconut water. If you would like to try it, just click on this link below.