Coconut water is now in most grocery stores and certainly in every health food outlet. While you might buy one because it’s tasty and thirst quenching, there are also tons of health benefits to coconut water you might not know about. Here are just a few:
- Controls High Blood Pressure – the potassium and magnesium content helps balance out the effect of sodium in the body
- Helps Your Heart – coconut water increases the high-density lipoprotein (HDL or the “good” cholesterol) and lowers the LDL or low-density lipoprotein.
- Promotes Weight Loss – “Coconut water is an ideal drink for weight loss. It is low in calories and easy on the stomach. In fact, this light and refreshing drink contains various bioactive enzymes that aid digestion and boost fat metabolism.”
- Treats Migraine Headaches – hydration and magnesium help these headaches
- Helps Hangovers – the electrolytes help counteract the effects of the alcohol and provide oxidation to your system. Here’s a hangover smoothie: 2 cups coconut water, 1 mango, 2 pieces of mint, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 cup ice.
- Thanks to Top Ten Home Remedies for this information. To read more, click here.
Coconut Water Health Benefits You Might Not Know About
Due to the medical benefits of coconut water, it’s a good idea to keep some around your house or apartment. It makes a great mixer for drinks too and so many other uses. Please read some of the other articles on this website to find out more. Want to purchase some right now? It’s easy – just click the button below.