Do you like smoothies? We do too. They are easy to blend, they taste great and they can use up all those left over ingredients in your refrigerator. Our Cocos and Cocos Pure coconut water are excellent for weight loss smoothies since they are very low in calories and have an excellent natural sweet taste without any added sugar, additives or preservatives.
We’d like to introduce you to a couple of websites where you will find a lifetime supply of yummy smoothies with coconut water.
On this site https://www.pinterest.com/explore/coconut-water/ you will have not only the pictures but the recipes as well. All you have to do is click the picture, then the “Visit” button. What could be better than all the cool recipes in one place with inviting pictures as well?
Here’s one that we often use called Kokomo Detox. I try to make it once a week, and I’m able to use kale that is so good for you. It is a bright green color – very healthy and delicious.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup pineapple (or pineapple juice)
- 1 cup Cocos / Cocos Pure coconut water (it is 100% pure – not from concentrate)
- 2 cups kale
- Just blend and enjoy 🙂
Iced Coconut Coffee
Here’s another favorite of ours: cold brew iced coffee made with coconut water. By brewing the coffee cold, it loses the bitterness and acidity and tastes just wonderful over ice.
Here’s how to make it:
- Put coarse ground coffee beans in a French press or glass bowl.
- Add cold Cocos / Cocos Pure coconut water (it is 100% pure – not from concentrate)
- Refrigerate for 12 hours
- Strain out the beans or push down the French press plunger.
- It will already be sweet from the coconut water, but adding a small drop of cream is heavenly.
This website has great ideas for weight loss smoothies as well: http://www.superskinnyme.com/how-to-make-a-weight-loss-smoothie.html It really is effective to drink smoothies that are high in protein and vitamins when you are on a diet.
Cocos / Cocos-Pure Weight Loss Smoothie
This is one of our favorites. It is so versatile because you can mix and match whatever you have in your fridge at the time.
Here’s how to make one:
- Use thickeners such as chia seeds and frozen fruit
- Use Cocos / Cocos-Pure as a low fat base. Skip the juices as they are high in calories.
- Add a good quality protein powder. One scoop is enough.
- Then add one tablespoon of high quality fats such as avocados, nut butters or flax seeds
- Go easy on the sweeteners. Use Stevia or other natural sweeteners. Flavor with green tea, ginger or cinnamon instead.
- I like to add some unsweetened cocoa powder as well. What could be better than a chocolate drink without the calories?
Do you have any favorite recipes? Let us know and we will gladly post them on our website.